felix and killen consultation background

The process of getting a divorce in California starts by one of the spouses filling out and filing with the Superior Court a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage (judicial council form FL-100) and Summons (FL-110). If minor children are involved, then the spouse filing for divorce must also fill out and file a Declaration Under Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA) – judicial council form FL-105/GC-120. If you are represented by a family law attorney, then he or she will collect the factual information from you, and will facilitate the filing process.  Once the Superior Court accepts the Petition, Summons (and UCCJEA if theRead More →